Composite white fillings offer the ability to effectively deal with cavities while maintaining the cosmetic appeal of a bright, white smile.
Benefits of Composite White Fillings
- Created to match your tooth to ensure a natural look and feel
- Because composite fillings can be created for smaller restorations, less of your tooth structure is lost and less drilling is needed
- The material is made from acrylic and glass particles, containing no mercury or other metals
- Provides support to remaining tooth structure and insulates against temperature changes
The Filling Process
- First, the targeted tooth is prepared by removing decay.
- Next, a bonding agent is applied to the prepared tooth.
- The composite material is placed and molded to your tooth structure.
- The material is hardened by focusing intense light rays on it for about a minute (the time required may vary according to each patient's needs and specific dental condition).
For more information on composite white fillings or to schedule an appointment, call My Dentist - Van Buren at 479-262-2038.